Friday, September 16, 2011

Premiere Post

Welcome to Cinema Stretch, your source for bridging the generational divide in film. I hope to introduce old films to new fans, relating classic films to modern hits in order to bring the generations together.

I am your host Justin Chisham, avid movie fan. Despite my young age, I have an eclectic library of films ranging from modern hits to old favorites. In fact, some of my greatest treasures premiered decades before I was born. As I talked cinema with my college friends, I noticed a gap in their knowledge. "Old movies" were all lumped together as black and white garbage, and nothing pre-Star Wars seemed to have any effect. Something needed to change. Thus, Cinema Stretch was born.

This is primarily a site to introduce old movies to a new generation, but I am also interested in showing old favorites to fledgling fans. If you have a passing interest in film, I hope to increase your base knowledge in the only way I know how: snarky comments and sarcastic quips. If you are extremely knowledgeable about cinema history... well, I may just have a few tricks up my sleeve to surprise you.

Over the course of the next few weeks, be prepared for a trip through film history. I will highlight a new film, then stretch that film's premise or idea toward a classic piece of cinema. I intend to introduce you to old films via the new, because some classics simply need to be taken off the shelf.

1 comment:

  1. Wow . . . great blog focus! I like your design, too. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete